OpShops provide accessible, practical support to the local community and also have the ability to offer anyone and everyone the chance to explore the Christian faith and raise any issues about such faith and belief.
- OpShops provide an opportunity to meet and build relationships with a range of people who might not otherwise meet. This is especially true for those who find the traditional church “threshold” too high (maybe strange, threatening, inconvenient or irrelevant) for casual enquiry and support, and so usually remain outside the orbit of any church network. Yet all of us have a level of spiritual curiosity and so all are invited and welcomed.
- OpShops is a “non-churchy” Christian presence in the heart of the community providing an accessible and safe place to think, talk, reflect and pray through significant events and issues, be that with new friends made through the OpShop or trained, experienced Christian staff and volunteers (or both!). The fundamental offer of unconditional support that Christ makes through his church can become an accessible reality.
OpShops offer support to four particular special groups:
- Our paid Staff and Volunteers
- Our OpShop Customers
- The Community surrounding the OpShop
- Local Churches in the OpShop area
Wherever you are reading this we would really value your prayer support. There is a prayer meeting in a central OpShop on the first Tuesday of each month to which you would be most welcome.
If you would like someone to pray with you or for you, or for someone special to you, then please ask the manager at any OpShop, or drop them a note at the OpShop with your request or contact details, and they would pass on your request or introduce you to someone who would welcome that privilege.