OpShops enable the local church or group of churches working in partnership, to become more engaged with, and support its local community through:
- Providing a safe and inclusive place in which members of the community can meet, feel comfortable and find meaningful conversation.
- Providing nearly new clothing, furniture and goods at low cost.
- Giving local people the opportunity to volunteer their services and to receiving training which both enhances their employability and develops their life skills and confidence.
- The opportunity to use either the OpShop itself, or some other local property, to provide community programmes, targeted at meeting the needs of the local community across all ages. Funding for these programmes is provided through the surpluses generated by local OpShops.
Examples of community programmes which have been, or could be delivered, subject to local demand are:
- Offering money advice and support
- Demonstrating healthy eating, cooking and lifestyles
- Providing health provision
- Providing social interaction opportunities
- Promoting food bank availability
- Hosting support groups for parenting, bereavement and victim support organisations.
If you are interested in being involved in partnership community programmes please contact Jon Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 07523 778723 (please leave a message and we will return your call).